Saturday, November 5, 2011

China Glaze Atlantis

Hello again! I've got another treat for you today! If you've seen my recent nailsupplies.us haul, you know that one of my purchases was the amazing China Glaze Atlantis, a glitter that has been on my wishlist for some time now. Today I decided to layer it over yesterday's Essie School of Hard Rocks manicure.

2 coats of China Glaze Atlantis over Essie School of Hard Rocks, top coat of Out the Door
Unfortunately, we had no sun today, so all the pictures are with artificial light. 

here's a bottle picture to see the amazingness  of the sparkles

 Atlantis is an aqua/teal green glitter in a pretty sheer jelly base. The glitter is holographic, which makes for this polish to look like jewels on your nails. Maybe it's the fact that I've layered it over a green-based teal polish, but this looks more green in person that many of the swatches I've seen on the internet. I think I've captured it pretty accurately in my photos. If you wanna use it on its own, you will probably have to use about 4 coats to get it opaque. I personally think that would be a waste of this beauty. 

a slightly blurred picture to show the holo effect
another holo picture
and a macro shot

Personally, I love love love this polish, but I wouldn't wear it to work/school. I think it's something you wear on a night out (hey it's Saturday night!) or on special occasions. What do you think? 




7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty on you!!:3
    I will wear glittery polishes to school :p maybe its becuz its a big lecture ,,and i will wear it with black / grey clothes =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I have worn glittery polishes to school but I wouldn't wear this one because it's very very sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It's a little too funky for work. I would wear it for the weekend. I love how fun and colorful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this one before!!! I love this color + the holographic glitter, reminds me of their 'Mahoganie' only prettier because this is teal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they came out together. Back in 2009 when ChG released their glitters collection. I love all their glitters, but this one really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Atlantis is one of those nail polishes that i treasure so much i dont even want to use it! .lol its amazeballs in the sun! wait till u see it out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This color of nail paint is so pretty. I love glittery shades. I simply like it.

    Download Robot Chicken Episodes

    ReplyDelete





Pin It button on image hover